Seminar with Prison (age Group- 18-25) duration one hour at Jharpara Jail on dt-24-09-2021
The flow of the Session: –
- General Introduction through basic interaction
- Giving emphasis on the causes of activities.
- How do we get triggered?
- Awareness about the emotions associated with the reaction.
- Emphasis on self-control and behavior.
- Remedies/ Tasks / Activities for initiating self-control.
- The Session was winded up by 3 inmates performing songs.
Brief Contents Covered:-
Triggers/ Reasons (Why do we do the crime?).
Basically why we are here in Jail-
- Under the circumstances of the situation/ environment.
- For own Mistake/ Fault.
- For Mistake of others.
Key finding based on responses: Major reason is self and situation/ Environment. Like, Family pressure, Hunger, Frustration, Need for Money, Humiliation, Jealousy, etc.
- The awareness regarding the reflection of the fault is of the situation, what provoked the person to do wrong/ Crime.
What are the emotions that lead to the inability of Self-control?
- There will be environmental factors but controlling self not to do negative reactions is also important.
- How a person can use physical and mental strength positively?
Response of Inmates: They have used their physical strength negatively.
- Addressing the level of motivation can help to live life peacefully.
- Controlling Self.
- Reducing Negative Reaction.
- Steps, How we can initiate the process of growth.
- Physical Exercises. (Focusing on doing yoga, exercise, and push-ups regularly).
- Try to see everything in a positive way. (It food is not good, what can we see good in this)
- Turn one bad habit into one Good habit.